From TMW: rEvolt
See also: Legacy Category:Skill
- 1 Basic Skills
- 2 Magic Skills
- 3 Focus Skills
Until October 2014 the Basic Skills were needed to build relationships between you and other players in game:
Emote ID - 1
Emote Skill - Gave you the possibility of using emotes.
Trade ID - 2
Trade Skill - Gave you the ability to trade with other players.
Party ID - 3
Party Skill - Gave you the possibility to enter or create a group with other players.
Note: You don't need to acquire those skills anymore. After the changes of October 2014 every character is able to use emotes, trade items or money and join or create parties right from the start.
Basic Magic ID - 340
General Magic Skill - First form of magic which will give you the ability to learn other forms of magic.
Life Magic ID - 341
Life Magic Skill - Very useful if you intend to heal other players.
War Magic ID - 342
War Magic Skill - This will give you the possibility to cast some painful spells.
Transmutation Magic ID - 343
Transmutation Magic Skill - This skill gives you the possibility to transmute some items in other items.
Nature Magic ID - 344
Nature Magic Skill - You will learn to communicate with the nature using spells.
Astral Magic ID - 345
Astral Magic Skill - This is another skill leading to some new spells.
Dark Magic ID - 346
Dark Magic Skill - The dark arts, taking this magic branch forbids you to learn certain spells from Astral Magic.
- Using them requires a skill on its own, the Focusing Skill, which can be obtained by talking to Luca.
- To gain advantage from a skill you must ask Luca to help you to focus on it. Actually, you can only focus on one skill. Once focused on, the skill will improve one of your abilities. The importance of improvement will grow with the skill level, and your other status parameters as well.
- To change the skill you are focused on, you must ask Luca to unfocus. For that, you will need to get a Grimace of Dementia, a terrible potion made by Caul.
- Each Skill can be increased up to Level 9 by getting Skill Points. You earn them by increasing your Job Level, from Job EXP, which is different from normal EXP. For example, increasing from level 1 to Level 2 requires 1 Skill Point, increasing from Level 8 to Level 9 requires 8 Skill Points, thus a total of 36 points to reach level 9.
- You can have enough Skill Points to put all your skills up to level 9 so don't wait leveling them all up! Each time you get a new Focus Skill you can get other Skill Points to be able to get level 9 in that new skill.
- Skill Points may not be reset the way stat points can be.
- You do not lose your Skill Points spent on a Skill if you choose to focus on another Skill!
- The actual "skill power" number ranges from 0 to about 200 (at level 10 (not yet available) in the skill with 100 points in the stat), depending quadratically on the level in the skill and the related attribute.
Focus ID - 339
Focusing Skill - This skill will give you the possibility to focus on other skills.
Brawling ID - 350 - Stat: AGI
Brawling Skill - Your hands will be as powerful as weapons.
Speed ID: 352 - Stat: AGI
Speed Skill - You will be able to walk and hit faster.
Resist Poison ID: 353 - Stat: VIT
Resist Poison Skill - This skill makes you resist against poison.
Astral Soul ID: 354 - Stat: INT
Astral Soul Skill - If you want to be a mage, this skill is the most useful one in game. It increases your Magic Attack.
Mallard's Eye ID: 45 - Stat: DEX
Mallard's Eye Skill - Made for archers, this skill increases your bow range and damage.
Raging ID: 355 - Stat: STR
Raging Skill - Intended for warriors as it makes you hit harder with hand weapons by increasing the probability of critical hits. However, it will also reduce your defense.