From TMW: rEvolt
May mutate 2 attributes up to 20%.
Aggresive, Picks up loot
Red Slime is a slow, aggressive mob, which is commonly hunted for money. It drops a lot of items that can be sold to NPCs for a good price. Red Slimes are very easy to kill, usually spawn in large groups, and are unlikely to be dangerous, except for players with very low level or VIT.
- Red Apple (7.5%)
- Knife (3%)
- Boots (2.5%)
- Dagger (2%)
- Miner Gloves (1.5%)
- Chocolate Bar (1.1%)
- Miners Hat (0.8%)
- Ruby (0.2%)
As source of profit
A lot of players regularly kill hundreds of Red Slimes, and sell their loot to NPCs, as it is a great way to get money.
- Average profit from a single slime, assuming you sell all items to an NPC: 0.075*5gp + 0.03*25gp + 0.025*500gp + 0.02*500gp + 0.015*1000gp + 0.011*20gp + 0.008*400gp + 0.002*2500gp = 47.045.
- That means that killing 100 slimes will give you an average profit of about 4700gp. This can be even higher if you sell Rubies to players, they can be sold for twice or even up to four times that much money (maximum overall profit may reach 7000gp/100slimes).
- The speed of your income depends on how quick you can kill the slimes, on whether they respawn quick enough, and on whether other players are hunting them with you (which causes moments where there are no slimes to kill for several seconds). A high-level players can easily kill 1 slime per second, lower levels may need 4 seconds. Assuming ideal conditions (endless amount of slimes and no other players hunting them) that means that during 60 minutes of fighting slimes a high-level player can earn about 180'000gp, and if you need 4 times more time to kill slimes, as a low-level player you may earn about 40'000 - 50'000gp. However, since these ideal conditions rarely apply (mostly because slimes do not respawn that fast), your income will be much lower.
This is the main place where most players kill Red Slimes. This place is so commonly chosen, because it's close to Hurnscald, and there are two awesome spots where slimes spawn in great amount:
- Having entered the mines, take first patch right. Note that two dangerous Skulls can be met in this area. You will approach a small room with a torch and a workbench, continue north, upwards a slope to a ledge - you should see a bunch of Red Slimes here.
- From there, you can also go west, taking a thin, curvy path, that soon approaches a larger area - that's another spot where Red Slimes spawn in decent amounts. While waiting for them to respawn, you may kill some Spiders and Black Scorpions south from there.
In caves underneath Hurnscald, there are some Red Slimes over the whole map, but very little players hunt them there, because the amount of slimes is not great, and one need to run seeking them through whole area. However, this place is safer for beginners than the Mines, as long as they avoid Black Scorpions. This is why a lot of new players prefer to kill these Red Slimes there, avoiding both danger and crowds of other hunters.
In Terranite Cave there are few awesome spots where amount of Red Slimes seems to be endless. Keep in mind however, that other players can attack you in this area!