From TMW: rEvolt
- 1 How to generate the main page
- 2 Strength of Red Scorpion
- 3 [FIXED] Agressive/nonagressive monsters?
- 4 Accuracy/Evade
- 5 Bug or format change?
- 6 [FIXED] Broken Link
- 7 [FIXED] Question
- 8 Links to quests
- 9 More details
- 10 Recent changes
- 11 Calculating experience
- 12 New content based on updated script
How to generate the main page
The main article is generated by a python script that creates the monster page in wikicode from the eAthena configuration files, the script can be found on the scripts subpage.
Please use the python script to update the page, as manual changes may be overwritten by someone pasting in the output given from running the script. Images uploaded will be MobName.png format, they will always own that file name space. Sprites are posted to the trello.
Strength of Red Scorpion
Wasnt the RED scorpion supposed to be a miniboss? that HP seems kinda low for one :o --Bear
Cool, I was thinking about bosses too. I believe that Red Guy is like a boss. There are too many snakes and spiders, a DRAGON should be a good idea for a boss. But ONLY ONE DRAGON, please. --BrightCiro (Ciro Leonardo, the char)
[FIXED] Agressive/nonagressive monsters?
Is there an easy way to list this attribute? Hoogli 21:02, 18 April 2008 (CEST)
- Another column for attributes (aggressive, cowardly, etc.) or name highlighting. — Jaxad0127 01:48, 19 April 2008 (CEST)
- Ok. Last night I added this information to the script (not updated on the wiki yet). But I am not sure how to show it, a few suggestions follows. I did not want to put it in an additional column as the table is quite wide already (it will soon, if not already, get too wide for narrow screens/windows).
- The traits that TMW currently uses are as follows (either on/off): Moveable/Cannot move Â· Loots/Does not loot Â· Aggressive/Does not attack on sight Â· Assists/Does not help its friends Â· <A trait that may be related to a boss; currently Santa Slimes and Spiders have this, unsure what it really does...> Â· Has attack/Does not have any attack. Which ones should be shown, and more importantly to me, how? Suggestions welcome. âœŽâ€ˆKessâ˜½ 14:00, 30 October 2008 (CET)
Version 1â€”â€˜unusualâ€™ mob traits listed below the name
|1012||800||4%||70-85||375||280|| Treasure Key (5%)|
- Doesnâ€™t look good, though the formatting could be changed. Not sure about this idea. In my current version of the python script this is how I tested it; the following is displayed: Cannot move, Loots, Is aggressive, Assists, Do not attack. âœŽâ€ˆKessâ˜½ 14:00, 30 October 2008 (CET)
Version 2â€”aggressive mobs has their name listed in red
|Spider||1012||800||4%||70-85||375||280|| Treasure Key (5%)|
- Well works quite nicely for aggressive. But the other traits? âœŽâ€ˆKessâ˜½ 14:00, 30 October 2008 (CET)
Version 3â€”a combination of the two previous alternatives
- I think I like this the most, but I have not yet decided upon where to put the traits or how to format them. âœŽâ€ˆKessâ˜½ 14:00, 30 October 2008 (CET)
Wouldn't it effective to put down the accuracy and evade rates of enemies as well? It would help take the guessing game out and prevent further deaths of players via play-testing. (Esp. mountain snakes) Since I am making an evade character, it would be nice to know the % to hit so I can adjust my evade accordingly so I dont go overboard and be weaker than I could be.
- I am personally unsure whether I would want to display these secondary stats (secondary as in calculated by some formula from the primary stats). âœŽâ€ˆKessâ˜½ 14:56, 9 November 2008 (CET)
Bug or format change?
Trying to run mobtowiki now in June 2010 there's something that's definitely changed, or I'm doing something wrong.
mob_db: Warning, monster-line with ID 0 has 19 values instead of 57 Traceback (most recent call last): File "bin/mobtowiki", line 434, in <module> monsters = parsemonsters(f); File "bin/mobtowiki", line 216, in parsemonsters o.mutstr = saveint(values) # Mutation strength IndexError: list index out of range
Used gitorious.org/tmw-eathena-data/mainline/blobs/raw/master/db/mob_db.txt for monsters and gitorious.org/projects/tmw-eathena-data/repos/mainline/blobs/raw/master/db/item_db.txt for items. Can't include links, since captchas don't work today on my browser. (Add http etc to the start.)
[FIXED] Broken Link
This link at the top of the monster list ( ) returns:
" An Exception Has Occurred
The root "viewcvs.cgi" is unknown. If you believe the value is correct, then please double-check your configuration. HTTP Response Status
404 Repository not found "
This needs to be fixed.
What's MOBP? Mob points? Someone changed Job Exp. for Mobp. in the monster table. I didn't changed it back because i don't know what it is. Gring0 19:36, 28 October 2008 (CET)
- I think Kess meant monster points (for the "quest" in Tulimshar). THose aren't stored in the monster DB yet. I changed teh script back, feel free to regenerate the page. — Jaxad0127 20:26, 28 October 2008 (CET)
Links to quests
Siorinex added links to quests from item drops, while a generally speaking great idea, I think such information has a more practical use in the Item Reference. For now this information will be lost by me updating the page with the script, but here is a link to the changes.
Some thoughts on what could be done:
- Have specific wiki page for each item, then the monster drops could be linked to their respective pages.
- Leave the items out of the monster reference, but add a link somewhere to the Item Reference.
For now I will add a link to the item reference. To create individual item pages is something I am not prepared/willing to undertake. In any regard I think such a thing would better wait till the move to tmwserv or at least till after a rebalance of the current game. âœŽâ€ˆKessâ˜½ 14:56, 9 November 2008 (CET)
I manually edited the article without noticing the warning... oops. Anyway, I think there should be information on shearable creatures (#chipchip), and a "notes" section to add details specific to each monster (e.g., killing bats is a good way to make money). Hoogli 20:31, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- When I first noticed your edits I started to update the script that generates this page, but adding information for poison is too big for me currently (I donâ€™t know Python really, I just tweaks what is already there). I will make another try later this week (the poison information is available in another file and somehow I have to append it into the current data structure).
- As for the formatting changes. Where to put the information is really easy to change within the script. The hard part is to make it look nice and not getting a too wide table. Suggestions and ideas are very much welcome.
- Personally I think information of the kind what monsters are part of magic spells belong to the magic pages and currently non-existing monster specific pages. My ideas for the latter is:
- Each monster gets its own wiki page
- That wiki page is based on a template
- Most of the stats should regularly be updated by a script, sectionwise (by a wiki bot?)
- Further information could be added manually, in those sections not edited by the script(s)
- As not to pollute the wiki I have had in mind to wait with this until tmwserv is released and use that serverâ€™s monster stats (I will personally not get around to this anytime soon)
- An overview like the current table would still be available (with links to the specific monsters of course), but with less stats
- And similar for the items
- Note to self: Add warning about manual editing to each editing section of the wiki code.
- Thanks for your help and suggestions! âœŽâ€ˆKessâ˜½ 03:57, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
The new table has some errors due do the following changes:
- the second column (Name) is used as picture identifier directly since they are unique within the mob_db - the mob name is extracted from third column (Jname) that previously had human readable naming
Moreover, the table can additionally include the following calculated information if desired:
- Cashflow, the probable amount of gp gained for selling the drops at their respective rate for a single mob - Evade - Accuracy - Critical (%) - All secondary data (from mob_db) - Other statistical data combining item_db with mob_db
Yojiro 05:17, 31 July 2011 (CEST)
I once asked in IRC and received the answer to look for a link to some calculator tool in the discussion page, but there is none here. Currently the Demonic Mouboo, Vicious Squirrel, Wicked Mushroom, Bluepar, Angry Green Slime, Angry Fire Goblin, Angry Sea Slime and probably soon the Moonshroom (only on test server at the moment) are missing and I can't enter them without EXP. Someone help me? Btw I'm asking here instead of on IRC so it's well documented and people can look it up ;-)
New content based on updated script
Noticed new page Wushin made based on script. Good job, but could it be done that script test if wiki page exists before adding a link, this red links all over the page looks kind of ugly. I don't know what EXP values here are about but that is not even close to in-game EXP that player get for killing a mob alone. Is it possible that the calculator for EXP in script is broken or maybe outdated.
Well I don't want anymore red link items. Each item should have a page. The rarer the item the nicer the page with more story. Regular items can have a page that redirects to the Item on Item Reference Page. Thus when people type an item name in the search they should get Mob<->Item<->Quest in results. I've also noticed people are more likely to fill in the red.
Script gives Base exp without the mutation percentage. It does match the formula in mob.cpp Each mutation gives an intensity that increases the overall Xp. Mobs can mutate multiple times. You can see that on mob.cpp