From TMW: rEvolt
Greetings, and information about what I want to achieve.
Thanks WildX for the introduction. I didn't look at this page until now, so I appreciate your welcome.
To anyone else who is interested in working with the wiki, it is appreciated. I am going to do this pattern:
- Starting with the Legacy wiki, and then onto the wiki for the new server as information is provided. The rest of this list is mainly regarding the Legacy Wiki.
- make every page a legacy page - that way, when talking about the characters on the game, this wiki won't confuse between the two games. It is already separated by one link from the main page.
- add links to the items/places etc
- restore the name which is spoken about in the page to the item/thing name without the "Legacy" word in it, while at the same time, making sure that the link is to a legacy page, and not the page from the new server.
- redirect the original page to the legacy page after it is created, so that firstly, there is time to use the wiki in the "construction" state, and links can be fixed for the most part. This will allow the redirections to be undone at a later date if the new server calls for items of the same name, and there should be no problem with changing back. This will also highlight any links that I may have missed.
- Create a page for any missing items or other things.
- Provide information for these pages so that the wiki matches the game in its final (or current) version.
- Determine a consistent template for all pages (some are there, but there are some that have more than one version)
- Delete unnecessary information (I don't mean hiding information from the players, as I think the game is that big that a person needs the directions, and it is up to them if they want to read it or not). Unnecessary information may include outdated stuff on pages, or even pages that are inaccurate due to changes.
Hopefully I can accomplish this task to completion this time around. I worked on this wiki many years ago with a couple of good friends, and I have their help now too. I hope that you, the gaming community, can keep an eye on things that need to be kept up-to-date, and also, would like this:
- People who can translate the game into other languages. For this though, you are required to know the language, and not just use a translation engine, such as the commonly known one on the major search engine. If you can assist, please inform me, and we can discuss what can happen.